Conducting a wedding ceremony rehearsal is not as challenging as you might think, if you know the basic logistics of a wedding ceremony. Tan Weddings & Events and Wedwordy teamed up to produce a short 3 minute video of a wedding rehearsal for our friends Briana and Jonathan. The video depicts the couple’s partnership, personality, and family circle. Tailor the ceremony to what suits you and your partner, and your vision.
Here are a few highlight tips of running a rehearsal:
- Start with the ceremony line-up, so the facilitator can see who is in the Wedding Party, the honored family members, and + one’s who wanted to tag along!
- The Wedding party should be shoulder to shoulder, slightly angled, no sun glasses, no gum, and no locking the knees.
- The couple stands facing each other, hand-in-hand, throughout the ceremony.
- Next practice the Recessional (the exit), beginning with the newlyweds, then the Wedding Party starting closest to the couple, then parents and grandparets as applicable.
- End the rehearsal by practicing the Processional (the entrance).
- If possible, have witnesses sign the marriage license with the officiant/coordinator facilitating. It is one less think to worry about on the wedding day!
Enjoy the video!