HOW TO COMPOSE YOUR SCRIPT
When you have Signed Up to use the Wedwordy app, you will be prompted to enter Profile info and make a secure payment of $9.99. The app is now ready for you to compose your wedding ceremony script! Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the app. Click on each section to view instructions and screenshots.
Select a Template
Upon payment, the app will take you directly to this screen – the very beginning of the COMPOSER mode of the app.
The Templates represent “themed” ceremonies, built with pre-selected Passages. Each of the Templates has access to ALL Passages in the app, so really, the Templates are a starting point for personalizing your script how you want it. Select one to get started.
View the Sample Ceremony
When you click on a Template, this screen appears. It shows the Elements Flow of the Template – the ceremony sequence. Click on “View Sample Ceremony” to see the script for the selected Template – the script contains pre-selected Passages that make up a complete ceremony. Return to this screen when finished viewing the Sample Ceremony.
Create a Ceremony Draft
When you have decided on a particular Template as your starting point, click on “Create Draft”.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BUTTON! Clicking this button will open your allotted drafts/document in the account. (You can always choose to buy more drafts, if you are having too much fun creating different versions of your ceremony!)
When you click “Create Draft”, this screen will appear. It is the Elements Flow of your draft, ready for the task of composing your ceremony script!
Let’s note a few important features of the Element Flow panel.
1) This is the sequence of your ceremony, in the example, from Announcement to Pronouncement.
2) The orange circles indicate that you have not yet selected any passages. (This is true of the Custom Ceremony Template. If you choose the other Templates, since they contain pre-selected Passages, the orange circles are replaced with a solid green circle!)
3) The minus sign is an action button, When you click on it, you will omit the Element from the ceremony. (If you had edited a Passage in that Element, you will lose the edited data when you delete that Element.) Clicking on the minus gives you custom control to remove an Element you don’t want in your ceremony script.
4) The Elements Library button will take you to a list of 16 Elements to choose from if you want to add more stuff to your ceremony! More on that later in this Tutorial.
In the VIEWER navigation, you will open the Drafts & Documents panel. When you clicked “Create Draft”, your ceremony appears as an “In Progress” icon.
View the Element Passages
View your ceremony draft by clicking on “View Draft” at the bottom of the Elements Flow panel, or by clicking on individual Elements. For example, you can click on the Element “Giving of Rings”.
Edit / Select the Passages
In this example, when you clicked on the Element “Giving of Rings”, you will open the Passages panel for this Element. This is the heart and soul of Wedwordy!
Here are the actionable features of this panel:
1) By toggling left or right, you can view the available Passages for this particular Element.
2) The last Passage of each of the Elements in the app is the “Blank Passage”. This is where you can conveniently import original or external content into your ceremony!
3) You can edit the Passage completely in this panel! (Note that your names as you entered them in the Profile will globally populate the Passages in the app!)
4) The Passage includes a word count and approximate length of the passage when read/performed within the ceremony.
5) When you are satisfied with the Passage as is or edited, click “Select/Save”.
When you clicked on “Select/Save” in the “Giving of Rings” panel, you will get a green solid circle in the Element Flow panel to indicate you have made a selection. Yay!
Build your Ceremony Draft
As you select Passages for the Elements of your ceremony draft, your Elements Flow panel will become populated with green circles! Your goal is to get all green circles, which indicate that your draft is completed!
View your Ceremony Draft Progress
Along with the Elements Flow panel, you will be viewing the progress of your actual draft Passages as you select them. Click on “View Draft” or “Edit” in the draft view panel. Note in the example below: when you have not yet selected a Passage, you will be notified with “Passage Not Selected”.
Add / Arrange Elements
At the bottom of the Elements Flow panel, you will see the “Elements Library” button – click on it. This panel below opens, listing 16 of the possible ceremony sections you can add your ceremony script.
Here are its features:
1) When you select an Element from the Library, it will be added to the Elements Flow panel. In our example, the “Unity Ritual” was added, and it is dropped into the last position of the Elements Flow.
2) Drag the Element into the desired position in the Elements Flow. Any of the other Elements can be rearranged by dragging up or down.
3) Any of the Elements can be duplicated and added to your Elements Flow. For example, you can choose to add more several from the “Poems & Readings” Element.
The added Element appears in the last position of the Elements Flow.
Drag up or down to place the Element into the desired position.
When you have all green circles in the Elements Flow panel, and you love the flow of your wedding ceremony draft, click on “Create Document.”
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT BUTTON! This changes the status of your ceremony draft from “In Progress” to “Saved”. Why is it important? Once saved, it will no longer be editable in the app!! (If you share it as a Word doc, you can continue to edit it outside of the app.)
The document is formatted!
In your VIEWER, Drafts & Documents panel, the Saved Document is indicated with the icon as in the example below.
Share your Completed Wedding Ceremony Script
Click “Share/Export As” to download as a pdf or Word doc file. The ceremony script is ready to be printed and shared for your wedding day!